* Royal Vintage begins with a peppery citrus that is slightly sweet.
* It goes on refreshing, like a cologne, but with more depth. It feels light and full at the same time.
* The citrus lasts awhile before burning off into smokey leather, spiced with peppery vetiver.
* This phase lasts a long time – more than eight hours.
* The leather continues into the base, where it is softened with a subtle vanilla and sweet patchouli.
Summary: Royal Vintage has the feel of a classic masculine fragrance like Chanel Antaeus or Creed Bois Du Portugal – strong and substantial, but not overbearing or stodgy. It would be an amazing gift for father’s day or for a man in your life who is a high-ranking executive or in a powerful position. It makes a statement but is not in your face – which makes it a good office fragrance. The longevity is exceptional, more than 12 hours and will be around until it is showered off. It also feels very expensive, classy, and luxurious. I strongly recommend skin testing this one as it wears quite differently on friends of mine who tested it with me.
Disclaimer: Sample provided by publicist for review. Image courtesy of Lucky Scent .