* Yes, this smells just as strange as you would imagine, but is quite cooling and great for summer.
* The first shot is a burst of cold with juniper berry, pepper, and citrus. It’s a bit strong and bracing, with strong projection for the first 30 minutes.
* South African sprint runner Oscar Pistorius is the face of the fragrance. Known as “the fastest man on no legs,” he is a double amputee who runs with artificial limbs. I wonder if the inspiration was to be a sports fragrance with a unique twist.
* A fresh mint joins in with the pepper – I guess that would be called peppermint <grin>.
* Pure Shot bares little resemblance to A*Men, with none of the coffee, chocolate, caramel or musk that the original is named for.
* After about 2 hours, it calms down to a nice woody patchouli that lasts for a good 6 hours.
Summary: Pure Shot came as a total surprise for me. When I reach for an A*Men or and A*men flanker, I am expecting deep intense juices that projects. Pure Shot could easily be described as the A*Men sports fragrance as it is refreshing, light, and heats up well with physical activity. I would compare it to Serge Lutens L’eau, a clean laundry fragrance in a line of heavy oriental scents. Pure Shot seems like it was made for guys who don’t wear A*men or don’t like heavy scents. With that said, I do like it and it would work as a great summer scent.