* Ryder kicks off with a strong, boozy amber.
* It is powerful and projects massively.
* Starts with a loud burst of fruity floral. You’ll also get some juicy citrus and peach with a hint of white floral.
It starts off a bit screechy and loud but calms down after about 30 minutes.
* The white florals get stronger, with a bit of apricot replacing the peach as the “supporting fruit”
* As the scent gets sweeter, it gets quieter.
* Softens to a nice skin scent of vanilla and clean musk.
Summary: Jardins du Midi is the first fragrance from direct sales company Chloe + Isabel (like a modern take on Avon, focusing on accessories and jewelry). It is a well-constructed and easily wearable fruity floral that clearly leans feminine and is office-friendly (after the first hour). Longevity is good, at more than 10 hours, so it will get you through a workday. The scent matches the quality of any designer scent that you would find at a department store, and while it doesn’t break any new ground it would be a safe and enjoyable gift for friends in your life who want a nice, modern perfume.
Chloe + Isabel Jardins du Midi Fragrance is available from RLBelles Boutique.
Disclaimer: Sample provided by publicist. Image courtesy of Chloe and Isabel website.
* Tobacco and rum dominate the top – and the room – as it projects strongly.
* When I say it projects strongly, you will be leaving a strong scent trail.
* The tobacco and rum stay present and gradually get more dirty and animalic as the smell of dirty leather and musk comes in.
* It starts to get a little smoky at this point, as if the match for the tobacco has been extinguished in the dirty leather.
* As the smoke rises, the heart of sweet resins and earthy patchouli come in with a hint of the rum from the top still in the mix.
Summary: The buzz on this scent from my fragrance friends has been deafening. Last time I was in NYC, my friend Brian was wearing it, and walking a few steps behind him, I felt like I had to control my urges to throw him down and ravage him. Montecristo is very powerful, primal, and sexual. Obviously not a scent for the office, but for a night of clubbing (or hunting for a partner) this would be a great go-to scent. I supposed a woman could wear this but it feels so virile and masculine, I am not sure how it would work. Longevity is great at more than 12 hours on my skin. It also wears a little differently each time – sometimes it feels dirtier, while other times the rum on the top remains the dominant note. For a good bit of the time in the heart phase, it smells like a used leather satchel used to carry around illicit goods that has absorbed the best of all the elements – well worn, but still very desirable.
Ca Fleure Bon
Chemist in the Bottle
Masque Milano Montecristo is available from Twisted Lily and LuckyScent.
Disclaimer: sample received from fellow perfume lover.. Image courtesy of LuckyScent website.