* Cuir Mauresque kicks off with a big punch of rubber and leather mixed with sweet resins. No, it really does smell good.
* Serge Lutens is a french fragrance line known for their strong and powerful oriental fragrances. Although the bottles are identical, each one is wildly different.
* The top notes take the back seat as amber, cinnamon, and incense sweeten things up.
* When I first got into fragrance, Fille en Aguilles was brand new and my first exposure. I sniffed it in a store and thought- pine needles, big deal. About a year later, I stopped and sampled just about every scent in the line and starting kicking myself at how much I loved so many of their scents.
* Musk and sweet leather are the main parts of the base, though there is a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg in there as well. The base lasts a long time, even through a shower.
Summary: Cuir Mauresque is the equivalent to a WTF track. When I hear a track and say to myself, WTF was that — this was the reaction I had to the first sniff Cuir Mauresque. It’s strong, dark, and evil in a sexy way- so it’s easy to see why I’ve gone through almost a full bottle of it already. Not office friendly, though if you put it on the evening – when you wake up in the morning the sweet leather base notes will still be there (and make you very nice to snuggle up to).
Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque is available from Luckyscent, Aedes, and Barneys New York.