* Goes on kind of loud – with rich milk chocolate buoyed by coconut.
* Yes, I was craving a Mounds bar.
* The coconut gets stronger, making the chocolate seem like supporting player for a little.
* As the coconut recedes, a sweet vanilla joins the chocolate for a good bit.
* After about a half hour – the vanilla fades and coffee comes through.
* The cafe mocha aroma carries it into the base.
Summary: Chocomania is a fun, easy to wear gourmand. It reminds me of two of my favorite chocolate/coffee scents – Bond I Love NY for All (nearly identical) and Maison des Reves Mousse Au Cafe (very similar, just a little less milky). Initial projection is kind of strong but calms down pretty quickly, so it’s a good, fun office fragrance. Chocomania is the textbook definition of cheap thrill, retailing at $15. I also love that its available in a 30ml bottle and I wish all lines offered scents in smaller bottles – because let’s face it – who ever uses a full 100 (or even 50ml) bottle? The scent is also available in matching body products and gift sets in a heart-shaped box – making it a perfect gift for Valentine’s day. When I reviewed Montale Chocolate Greedy – I compared it to Guerlain Gourmand Coquin as being a mid-range Lexus compared to a high-end Mercedes-Benz. This would make Chocomania the fun and affordable Kia that those colorful hamsters took to the party before dancing to LMFAO and elevating our cultural discourse so.
One Girl’s Opinion (Body Butter)
Adorable on Your Vanity (Collection)
Ellelle (Body Butter)
The Body Shop Chocomania is available through their stores and website.
Disclaimer: Bottle purchased – no disclaimer needed. Image courtesy of Body Shop website.