* Starts off with pine, sage, motor oil and a hint of citrus.
* Off the bat, this is a classic and rugged manly scent. You kind of need chest hair to pull this off.
* If the top is a dirty leather, then the sweet side comes through next with a bit of manly florals – rose and violets.
* The florals are not overly strong but are present enough to show a change in character.
* The base is a softer leather with an earthy feel – dirt, moss, and wood.
Summary: When describing anything artistic – be it fragrance or music, it is sometimes difficult to separate your tastes from value judgements. For example, there is a genre of house music called body and soul – which is sexy and groovy, but it just doesn’t normally move me. When I am in the right mood or the party has the right vibe, I can be all in, but normally it just isn’t my thing. I have the same sort of feeling about drum and bass, and also Parfums Retro Grand Cuir. This is a distinguished manly man’s fragrance with the same vibe as Creed Bois Du Portugal, Puredistance M, and M Micallef Royal Vintage. This is a very high quality scent, with excellent longevity that is for a man who is wealthy, confident, and very secure in himself. I recognize and respect Grand Cuir, but it doesn’t feel right on me. I would recommend that guys test it and think it would be a great father’s day gift.
Perfume Project NW
Perfume of Life
Parfums Retro Grand Cuir is available from Luckyscent.
Disclaimer: Sample provided by publicist. Image Courtesy of LuckySent.com