* Probably eight years ago, I walked into the Base store on Lincoln Road (South Beach), took a deep breath, and fell in love with Sand. I ran to the counter and the lady pointed to the bottle of Sand.
* The top notes of bergamot, orange, and light patchouli are fresh, yet invigorating and energizing.
* Warning – this projects like a monster- especially if worn undiluted. Keep this in mind.
* The concentrated spray can also be diluted to make an amazing room spray.
* The top notes last a long time. After about an hour, they fade and a clean patchouli and slightly soapy musk come in.
* The base notes stay on your skin until you shower – whether it be 12 or 20 hours later.
Summary: Sand is the first fragrance that I have rebought more than three times. It was my signature scent for over a year and it always makes me think of the Winter Music Conference, which brings a smile to my face. At $55, the 4 ounce bottle is a bargain. I’ve given it as a gift to friends who’ve asked me about it. This would probably be considered an oil, so dilution might be necessary for those with sensitive skin or those who want to wear it to the office. Sand is also available as a body wash, candle, roll-on, and incense sticks. Also from the Base line, the mandarin/green tea SEA and peppermind/floral HOPE are quite wonderful. Base is a well-curated store that is worth a visit the next time you are in Miami. Otherwise, check out their website.
Base Sand is available from Base boutiques and from the BaseWorld website.
Disclaimer: No disclaimer needed, I bought a full bottle. Image from www.Baseworld.com