* Marvis makes the most incredible toothpastes that are quite strong – licorice and jasmine mint are my favorites, so when I saw they were making a mouthwash I was intrigued.
* A small amount of the mouthwash can be used straight or a capful can be diluted in a cup of water.
* Used undiluted, this stuff is strong. It will wake you up in the morning and might bring you to tears. Gargle it for a minute and it will clean even the nastiest breath with the strong peppermint.
* Used diluted, the strength is somewhere between Scope (brisk but enjoyable) and Listerine (so strong it makes you cry).
* The mouthwash is alcohol-free, which is helpful since alcohol suppresses saliva and pulls moisture from mouth tissues.
Summary: Elephant in the room – yes, $24 for mouthwash, so this is quite a splurge. If you are a fan of Marvis toothpastes, you will love the strong flavor of the mouthwash. The peppermint is sharp and intense, you will know it is working. Not only is it alcohol-free, it contains propolis which has antimicrobial properties that helps against forms of oral disease and can be used to treat canker sores. I am not a doctor or scientist – this is just what I read by researching online. Would I normally spend $24 on mouth wash – no. When I have a gift certificate and want to splurge – sure. This is one of those really nice luxury items that you can indulge in every day for a solid pick-me-up. Also the bottle and packaging both have a really nice apothecary feel.
Marvis Concentree Eau de Bouche Mouthwash is available at CO Bigelow and Amazon.
Disclaimer: No disclaimer needed as I own a full bottle. Image courtesy of Bigelow Chemists website.