* Starts with a fresh citrus blend – orange, lemon, bergamot, and neroli.
* As usual, the citrus doesn’t last long, maybe 20 minutes.
* The scent becomes really faint, and if I sniff my wrist closely I get a hint of light resins and mint.
* Somehow the scent turns around and comes back a little stronger with some boozy resins.
* It calms down again really quickly and lasts a little bit longer as a sheer skin scent.
Summary: Honestly, I am very disappointed with Rive d’ambre. One of the original Tom Ford Private Blends – Amber Absolute was a masterpiece of incense and amber which kind of inspired the start of my fragrance journey. It has since been discontinued. For the Atelier D’Orient collection, the amber is a lot more toned-down, quiet, and possibly apologetic. When you see Tom Ford ads – they are brazen, aggressive, and make a statement. Rive D’ambre says next to nothing. Although it’s an EdP, it wears like an EdT lasting barely 4 hours on the skin (and most of that as a sheer skin scent). If you are really meek and shy and afraid that your fragrance might be too strong, then check out Rive d’Ambre. Honestly, you can find much better for 1/3 to 1/4 the price.
Tom Ford Private Blend fragrances are available at Saks 5th Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
Disclaimer: Sample provided by sales associate for review. Image courtesy of Neiman Marcus.
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- The Snobirds fly south for the winter -- check out my review of @SmellBent Snobirds t.co/S3WbZW3HaU Time ago 16 Hours via HootSuite
- 9 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 6 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 1 Day via JustUnfollow
- Hazelnut hot chocolate. My favorite of the @SmellBent 2013 holiday Collection - Winter Vixen Fragrance Review t.co/eRfFZSIPFw Time ago 3 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @kuubinet @perfumefinders @vic_alieva @agarwoodindo @Aromatique_AU @PHiRe2000 @Perenelle Time ago 5 Days via HootSuite
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 8 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 10 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.