* Quite quickly, less than five minute on, a creamy lily flower starts to bloom into focus. The spice is still there but acts as a contrast to make the lily seem sweeter.
* The interplay of sweet and spicy continues as cloves and wood contrast with tuberose and rose.
* Though it starts with quite a punch, it quiets down as the interplay continues.
* The base of vanilla, sweet incense, and amber is grounded by a dry wood.
Summary: I described Fleur de Chine as pretty much a Southern belle who want to college to get her MRS degree. Shanghai Lily is a bawdy broad who speaks her mind and makes her presence known. She is sweet and loving, yet sassy and aggressive at the same time. Although floral and sweet, it’s not too much for a guy to pull off. It’s loud, but not so overbearing that it wouldn’t work in an office setting. It is quite sexy, though, and guys who wear it might discover it getting stolen by a girlfriend. Longevity is above average at over 12 hours. Of course, I wish it was more direct and in your face – like the earlier Private Blends, but of the Atelier d’Orient Collection it is the only one that I see myself enjoying.
Tom Ford Private Blend fragrances are available at Saks 5th Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
Disclaimer: Sample provided by sales associate for review. Image courtesy of Neiman Marcus.
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- Hazelnut hot chocolate. My favorite of the @SmellBent 2013 holiday Collection - Winter Vixen Fragrance Review t.co/eRfFZSIPFw Time ago 1 Day via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @kuubinet @perfumefinders @vic_alieva @agarwoodindo @Aromatique_AU @PHiRe2000 @Perenelle Time ago 3 Days via HootSuite
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 5 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 6 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 7 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 8 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 12 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 12 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 9 new followers and 4 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 14 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @ArquisteCarlos @perfumeculture @marcygoldman Time ago 17 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.