* Cuir Mauresque kicks off with a big punch of rubber and leather mixed with sweet resins. No, it really does smell good.
* Serge Lutens is a french fragrance line known for their strong and powerful oriental fragrances. Although the bottles are identical, each one is wildly different.
* The top notes take the back seat as amber, cinnamon, and incense sweeten things up.
* When I first got into fragrance, Fille en Aguilles was brand new and my first exposure. I sniffed it in a store and thought- pine needles, big deal. About a year later, I stopped and sampled just about every scent in the line and starting kicking myself at how much I loved so many of their scents.
* Musk and sweet leather are the main parts of the base, though there is a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg in there as well. The base lasts a long time, even through a shower.
Summary: Cuir Mauresque is the equivalent to a WTF track. When I hear a track and say to myself, WTF was that — this was the reaction I had to the first sniff Cuir Mauresque. It’s strong, dark, and evil in a sexy way- so it’s easy to see why I’ve gone through almost a full bottle of it already. Not office friendly, though if you put it on the evening – when you wake up in the morning the sweet leather base notes will still be there (and make you very nice to snuggle up to).