* Ocean kelp is said to have many benefits for the skin- including restoring moisture, nourishing and revitalizing, as well as detoxification.
* For this new scent, they have switched from a pre-shave oil to a pre-shave gel. The gel is much easier to use because it stays in your hand when you apply it rather than seeping out.
* The Ocean Kelp scent is a very light aquatic. It feels fresh and revitalizing but is definitely not overpowering. It will not interfere with any cologne that you put on afterwards.
* The shaving cream produces a nice usable foam with very little frothing needed. The foam stays in place and is very lubricating.
* The after shave product has changed from a balm to a lotion. Comparing the unscented balm to the Ocean Kelp lotion, the lotion is nearly transparent, much lighter, and absorbs more quickly in the skin. There is a slight cooling sensation that is a bit energetic.
Summary: If you are a fan of Art of Shaving, the Ocean Kelp kit is definitely worth checking out. The scent is not too strong, but there is enough aroma for a sense. I’ve been using the unscented kit for a while and made the switch with very good results. If you are new to wet shaving, the kit is a great way to get started. Art of Shaving stores offer a DVD to show you how to use a brush to prepare and basic wet shaving techniques.
Art of Shaving products are available from select department stores, The Art of Shaving boutiques and from The Art of Shaving Website.