* Geisha Noire is all about Black Amber. That’s the first thing you smell and it stays dominant throughout the life of the scent.
* Dominant is the optimal word here as Geisha Noire is strong. I would be tempted to call it Samurai Noire because it’s quite powerful, yet stealthy.
* Aroma M fragrances are free of synthetics and use only essential oils.
* The Black Amber is sweetened by tonka and vanilla in the middle development. There is a slight bit of sandalwood that comes through after several hours.
* Geisha Noire lasts a long time on the skin – easily 12 hours or until you take a shower.
Summary: Although named for a feminine icon, the geisha, the scent is easily wearable by men and women. The oil is very moisturizing which makes sense because it’s all essential oils to me. Geisha Noire is to an oriental fragrance what Caron Impact is to Caron Pour Un Homme – the mid and base notes amplified without any top notes.
This is a statement scent and definitely not office-friendly. Though it is a strong fragrance, it is not overpowering or “obnoxious.” It exists as a cloud around you and you might forget about it for a minute. Then if you breathe in deeply, the gorgeous black amber is there again. It would also make a great base for layering with other scents – maybe a spicy vanilla? The price point is amazing – $55 for 1/4 oz – and this perfume oil is of the highest quality. The one caution I will give is to be careful with application, a little goes a long way.
*Disclaimer – Sample provided by Aroma M. I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. Product pic from web.