* Kicks off with a loud blast of berries – strawberries and raspberries. Very sweet, reminds me of bubblegum.
* Initial projection is quite strong. People within a three foot radius will want to lick you up.
* Nez a Nez is an independent French niche line. The name means “Nose to Nose.”
* The berries calm down and are joined by caramel, cinnamon, and vanilla – making this scent even more edible.
* We dubbed this Amber Bubblicious – and that’s a compliment.
* Berries stay present as the resinous amber gradually seeps in to be quickly joined by patchouli.
* The wonderful amber / berry / patchouli base lasts more than 12 hours on my skin.
Summary: While at Henri Bendel in New York City, I came across the Nez A Nez line which I had never sniffed before. While there were many delicious fruity scents, this one stood out on first sniff. I nearly bought a full bottle from the top note, but I knew better to wait until I tested. As much as I loved the top notes, the journey and base notes made it even better. Ambre a Sade is definitely not for the office nor for the meek or mild-tempered. This one screams and attracts attention – which is probably why I love it so much.
Ambre a Sade is available from Lucky Scent , Henri Bendel , and Aedes de Venusta.