* Starts off with strong jasmine, buoyed by a light peach
* Initial projection is strong but not too aggressive.
* A melange of sweet flowers come in with a jammy rose in the forefront.
* The sweetness isn’t overwhelming, but it does feel powdery and a bit traditionally feminine.
* The scent calms down to a soft amber and vanilla base.
Summary: I always hate to call a fragrance feminine or masculine, but this one felt a bit too feminine for me. Which is odd, because I will wear a loud sweet tuberose like HdP Vamp a NY when I feel it. I guess the difference is the intensity and the mood. Rouge No 1 is a powdery and soft, fruity floral. The ingredients are of the highest quality and it smells expensive. The initial hour is too strong for officewear, and I seriously doubt guys could pull this off in an office, anyway. Longevity is above average for an eDp, lasting more than 12 hours or until you wash it off. I think Rouge No. 2 is the better choice of this set.
Disclaimer: Sample provided by publicist for review. Image courtesy of Lucky Scent.