* On my first sniff – I get motor oil, car exhaust, and screeching metal with a hint of burning rubber.
* It starts off so strange that I can’t help sniffing it constantly.
* The harshness dials back, and a creamy rubber comes to the forefront.
* At this point, the scent transforms from aggressive to pretty as it gets a little softer.
* The base is floral and powdery, but not overtly feminine as that may sound.
Summary: As a dance music journalist, I am always looking for that WTF track – when you hear it and say “what the f*k was that?” Accident is the musical equivalent. Why would anyone want to smell like an automobile accident? This scent is a collaboration with pop culture photographer/media artist Austin Young, and when you experience his work – it makes a lot more sense. This isn’t traditionally pretty or sexy, but it is interesting and still quite wearable. Definitely not for the office, but it would be perfect for punk show or art opening. It makes a bold statement and would take a strong amount of cojones to pull it off. Even if this doesn’t sound like a scent for you, I would recommend buying a sample from Smellbent just to experience it. It’s strange and out there – but not disgusting or revolting (like ElDo Secretion Magnifique) – and might make you question whether fragrance can be described as art.
Also check out the commercial here:
Smell Bent fragrances are are available from the Smell Bent Website
Disclaimer: Sample purchased by me for review. Image courtesy of Austin Young Website.
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- Hazelnut hot chocolate. My favorite of the @SmellBent 2013 holiday Collection - Winter Vixen Fragrance Review t.co/eRfFZSIPFw Time ago 57 Minutes via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @kuubinet @perfumefinders @vic_alieva @agarwoodindo @Aromatique_AU @PHiRe2000 @Perenelle Time ago 2 Days via HootSuite
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 4 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 4 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 5 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 11 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 11 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 9 new followers and 4 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 12 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @ArquisteCarlos @perfumeculture @marcygoldman Time ago 16 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.