Baque kicks off with a honeyed, fruity tobacco so sweet that it borders on coconut.
Projection is through the roof. People several feet away will smell you coming.
After about 90 minutes, it begins to calm down with a resinous amber joining the coconut with a little bit of vanilla.
Thick and heavy, Baque warms on your skin and takes on a life of its own. A few times this has screamed for hours, while other times it has been more mellow. I think its like a fragrance mood ring the way it projects how you feel.
The base notes of tobacco and wood last until you shower again. It simply doesn’t go away – it lasts a long time.
Summary: Ok, I will admit it, I am a Slumberhouse fanboy. The dark, resinous interesting concoctions that they dream up could be considered the American response to Serge Lutens. Test this before you buy because the fragrance is so layered that you might get something completely than what I do. If you are a fan of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla (or are considering purchasing it), I would recommend trying this as well.
Slumberhouse Baque is available exclusively at Indiescents.
Disclaimer: Sample received as gift with purchase. Image from Indiescents.com
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- #FF Thanks for New Followers @twistedlily360 @vetyvershop @BoisDeJasmin @trisbutterfield @Tisseranduk @ScentAirUK @Laney_Brooks Time ago 13 Hours via HootSuite
- Do you know who are awesome? My 2 new followers in the last week! Growing with t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 3 Days via JustUnfollow
- Followers - 6, Unfollower - 1. I didn't know it'd be this simple. Get your weekly stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i. Time ago 10 Days via JustUnfollow
- One way to choose your signature scent (hey, it's good for laughs) t.co/JV6cJgobK6 Time ago 11 Days via HootSuite
- The site t.co/57xWkPTCIB is back up - sorry for any inconvenience Time ago 13 Days via HootSuite
- Apologies - the t.co/wGfFoete9J website is currently down due to hosting issues. Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Great article for all of us bloggers t.co/Qi5x7QZOHY Time ago 15 Days via HootSuite
- 2 weekly followers. 1 unfollower. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 17 Days via JustUnfollow
- 3 new unfollowers and 4 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 24 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks for following @andre_conway @PerfumersWorld @remybhatia @ForrestGust @JeffDame @AllureHomeFrag Time ago 28 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.