Baque kicks off with a honeyed, fruity tobacco so sweet that it borders on coconut.
Projection is through the roof. People several feet away will smell you coming.
After about 90 minutes, it begins to calm down with a resinous amber joining the coconut with a little bit of vanilla.
Thick and heavy, Baque warms on your skin and takes on a life of its own. A few times this has screamed for hours, while other times it has been more mellow. I think its like a fragrance mood ring the way it projects how you feel.
The base notes of tobacco and wood last until you shower again. It simply doesn’t go away – it lasts a long time.
Summary: Ok, I will admit it, I am a Slumberhouse fanboy. The dark, resinous interesting concoctions that they dream up could be considered the American response to Serge Lutens. Test this before you buy because the fragrance is so layered that you might get something completely than what I do. If you are a fan of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla (or are considering purchasing it), I would recommend trying this as well.
Slumberhouse Baque is available exclusively at Indiescents.
Disclaimer: Sample received as gift with purchase. Image from Indiescents.com
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Check out my review of @Nomaterra Brooklyn Violet Leaf t.co/6YLPE3e65e My first experience with the line and I am quite impressed. Time ago 3 Days via HootSuite
- 9 weekly followers. 0 unfollowers. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - unfollowers beware -via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 4 Days via JustUnfollow
- Dark, dirty, skanky, sexual leather. Check out my review of @ByKilian Black Oud t.co/VOXy8WEtoI Time ago 6 Days via HootSuite
- Check out my review of @Dior Home Eau For Men t.co/72zXqvYYW3 Time ago 11 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 12 new followers and 2 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 12 Days via JustUnfollow
- Very nice debut from @Jacoglu - Oud Prestige - a well blended scent with oud playing a nice supporting role t.co/Cv5nbXJiN5 Time ago 16 Days via HootSuite
- My favorites from the @ElementsShow a few weeks ago t.co/lVPdGWcOKy Time ago 17 Days via HootSuite
- 4 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 1 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 19 Days via JustUnfollow
- Fragrant highlights of the @NyNowMarket show t.co/04P2e5QKtB Time ago 19 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks for RT @ElementsShow @DudeProducts @Kause187 Time ago 23 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.