* Inspired by the life of an historic emperor who lived his life on his own terms.
* Starts with fruity bouquet of pineapple, black currant, and bergamot.
* Fresh, but not transparent.
* Light patchouli in the middle balances the floral, rose middle notes.
* The leather-embossed flask adds to the manly feel.
* The vanilla and amber base notes are more dry than sweeet.
* Office-friendly; wears close to the skin and lasts for a full workday.
Summary: Aventus is a very nice upscale fragrance and is a great introduction to the world of Creed for someone looking to break out of mainstream fragrances and find something more signature, yet not go too far out of their safety zone. Bear in mind though that this is one of the more modern fragrances from the house and quite different from their classic powerhouses like Bois Du Portugal.
Creed fragrances are available from Neiman Marcus, select Nordstrom and the Creed Boutique. If you live in South Florida, I strongly recommend that you reach out to Eduardo, the Creed representative at the Bal Harbour Neiman Marcus. If you live in Nashville, Byron at Green Hills Nordstrom is quite exceptional as well.