* A big cloud of smoke which quickly disperses to become whiskey.
* This scent actually gets stronger and projects more as you wear it.
* As the whiskey settles, the smoke comes back and grows more intense.
* The smoke calms, and so does the projection.
* The base is a dry vetiver sweetened with a mild vanilla – and yes, the smoke is still there.
Summary: For the price point, this is an incredible scent. It reminds me a lot of Naomi Goodsir Bois d’Ascesce which wears on me like a big smoke bomb. Campfire Rebel is also one of the few vetiver scents that doesn’t go caustic on my skin. This is a good scent to introduce people to the world of niche – it is interesting and transforms over time but it isn’t too scary or strange and not that expensive. It feels like a fall/winter fragrance and definitely for nighttime and not for the office.
Pinrose Moonlight Gypsy is available from the Pinrose website
Disclaimer: Samples purchased through Pinrose webite. Image courtesy of Pinrose website.