* First whiff had me feeling deja vu. It took me a minute, but I realized it was a fresher version of the Japon Noir opening.
* A thick sweetness comes in – like maple syrup and a bit fruity. Although it’s dense, it’s not overly sweet.
* From this sweetness peaks out a little bit of sour wood which is the oud showing its presence. It’s not strong or aggressive at all.
* The base of vanilla and amber lasts a good long time as a snuggly skin scent.
Summary: On a whole, I am unimpressed with the Atelier d’Orient collection because they are not my style/taste. They are more sheer and restrained than you would expect a Tom Ford fragrance to be. Plum Japonais isn’t bad, and as a candle or room spray it would be pretty amazing. To me, it feels like a lighter version of Japon Noir (which I adore and own a full bottle of). Longevity is average for an EdP at 6-8 hours. If you were a fan of the original Japan Noir and want a lighter version for summer or day wear, this would be a good fit.
Tom Ford Private Blend fragrances are available at Saks 5th Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
Disclaimer: Sample provided by sales associate for review. Image courtesy of Neiman Marcus.
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 19 Hours via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 1 Day via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 2 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 4 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 8 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 8 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 9 new followers and 4 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 9 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @ArquisteCarlos @perfumeculture @marcygoldman Time ago 13 Days via HootSuite
- Article worth reading - mainstream vs niche in the marketplace t.co/xlqLTtuSwt Time ago 16 Days via HootSuite
- 2 new unfollowers (I know who you are!) and 6 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 16 Days via JustUnfollow
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.