* Gentile starts with a clean sweet mint and lavender with a touch of apricot.
* It’s very distinguished and fresh with substance.
* This sounds strange, but it goes manly floral. Its herb-y with some dried apricots and a floral scent that I can’t place.
* The herbs soften, as do the florals, as it draws closer to the skin.
* Light woods and grass are quite faint in the base, which lasts a long time.
Summary: In layman’s term, gentile is classic but not boring. In perfume lover’s term, Gentile is like a classic Chanel masculine interpreted as a niche fragrance. It smells like what a successful and aspirational European entrepreneur would wear, someone who respects history but wants to change it a little bit. The same way that women might plan their outfits as “day to night” – Gentile would make a great office-to-after work fragrance, as the base lasts well into the evening and would support something sweeter or fruitier quite nicely. Gentile is also one of the very few scents with vetiver that doesn’t go rancid on me. I am not sure if that is because of the high quality ingredients, or the way it’s blended. Maria Candida created this for her son and that makes sense as I could see this as a perfect college graduation/enter the workforce gift.
Maria Candida Gentile fragrances are available at Indie Scents.
Disclaimer: Sample provided by publicist for review. Image courtesy of Indie Scents website.
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @kuubinet @perfumefinders @vic_alieva @agarwoodindo @Aromatique_AU @PHiRe2000 @Perenelle Time ago 2 Days via HootSuite
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 4 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 4 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 5 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 11 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 11 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 9 new followers and 4 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 12 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @ArquisteCarlos @perfumeculture @marcygoldman Time ago 16 Days via HootSuite
- Article worth reading - mainstream vs niche in the marketplace t.co/xlqLTtuSwt Time ago 19 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.