* Marvis makes the most incredible toothpastes that are quite strong – licorice and jasmine mint are my favorites, so when I saw they were making a mouthwash I was intrigued.
* A small amount of the mouthwash can be used straight or a capful can be diluted in a cup of water.
* Used undiluted, this stuff is strong. It will wake you up in the morning and might bring you to tears. Gargle it for a minute and it will clean even the nastiest breath with the strong peppermint.
* Used diluted, the strength is somewhere between Scope (brisk but enjoyable) and Listerine (so strong it makes you cry).
* The mouthwash is alcohol-free, which is helpful since alcohol suppresses saliva and pulls moisture from mouth tissues.
Summary: Elephant in the room – yes, $24 for mouthwash, so this is quite a splurge. If you are a fan of Marvis toothpastes, you will love the strong flavor of the mouthwash. The peppermint is sharp and intense, you will know it is working. Not only is it alcohol-free, it contains propolis which has antimicrobial properties that helps against forms of oral disease and can be used to treat canker sores. I am not a doctor or scientist – this is just what I read by researching online. Would I normally spend $24 on mouth wash – no. When I have a gift certificate and want to splurge – sure. This is one of those really nice luxury items that you can indulge in every day for a solid pick-me-up. Also the bottle and packaging both have a really nice apothecary feel.
Marvis Concentree Eau de Bouche Mouthwash is available at CO Bigelow and Amazon.
Disclaimer: No disclaimer needed as I own a full bottle. Image courtesy of Bigelow Chemists website.
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 8 Hours via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 1 Day via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 3 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 9 new followers and 4 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 8 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @ArquisteCarlos @perfumeculture @marcygoldman Time ago 12 Days via HootSuite
- Article worth reading - mainstream vs niche in the marketplace t.co/xlqLTtuSwt Time ago 15 Days via HootSuite
- 2 new unfollowers (I know who you are!) and 6 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 15 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks to new followers! @IAMPhillyChase @DayseyeM @VOTIVO Time ago 19 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.