* Crisp lavender and sweet cinnamon are quite exhilarating together on the top.
* It starts like a refreshing and manly sports scent – or what I wish a man’s sport scent would smell like, rather than generically clean and fresh.
* Out of nowhere, a soapy rose comes into play- with some of the cinnamon giving it a prickly feel.
* The rose blossoms literally by feeling really alive, as if it is breathing.
* If you sniff your skin closely, you smell the base of woods and nondescript musk.
Summary: Sort of in the vein of celebrity scents, this is the signature scent of the Hotel Costes. It’s fresh sand invigorating, but not overwhelming. It lasts about five hours on my skin, which is about right for an eau de toilette. I could see this as a great scent post-workout or as a nice wake-up scent in the morning. It’s available as shower gel and soap, which would be delightful to use or give as a gift. It’s definitely unisex and on the lighter side, so this would be great for people who are afraid of being too loud. If you are ever in Paris, you must visit the Hotel Costes to see not only the amazing rose market but to experience all the IUMX fragrance in the special automated flower machines… Hard to describe. Whatever you do, do not touch the tester bottles or else the animated perfume salescold will chastise you with “this is not f*king Sephora” (or “this is not f*king Boots” if you look British). Just one of the many animated characters you might meet in Paris…
Disclaimer: No disclaimer needed as I own a full bottle. Image courtesy of LuckyScent website.