* When I went into the store, I asked for a preshave product and this is what I was pointed to.
* The consistency is a little off-putting – feeling almost like congealed animal fat – thicker than a gel, but not completely solid.
* Upon contact with skin, it instantly liquifies and creates an ultrasmooth layer,
* Trying it with different shave soaps/creams, it simply improved every product I used it with.
* Only a small amount is necessary, so the 50 ml jar lasted me nearly an entire year.
Summary: Last year, before I went to Paris, a fanatical wet shaving friend gave me a list of products to pick up for him. Martin de Candre is a traditional family-owned soap making business that has been in operation for 40 years. Their products are very difficult to find in the US and even a challenge to find in Paris (don’t bother with department stores – go directly to Planete Rasoir). Although the texture of the product is a bit strange, it is one of the best products that I have ever used. Reading the ingredient list and doing some research online (thank you Timothy on Badger and Blade) – it is a mix of coconut oil with propylene glycol and chamomile. It is quite slick and works as an amazing preshave. It also works as an aftershave and is usually sold as such as well. I have normal to dry skin so it works really for me. If you have oily skin, it might be too slick for you. It’s also one of the first products that I have run completely out of. Keeping it in my bathroom closet, I found myself reaching for it with every shave. The simplicity of its composition seems to make it even more decadent. The chamomile smell is slight and will not fight with any cologne that you might put on over it. I will definitely be buying another jar of it when I go to Paris this year.
Disclaimer: No disclaimer needed as I own a full bottle. Image courtesy of Martin de Candrew website.
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Fab tweeps @Laney_Brooks @OrtC0mprend1d0 @BePeachyKeen & more followed me. Grow with t.co/6klyddFFDm t.co/VzsSsJykg0 Time ago 12 Hours via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks for New Followers @twistedlily360 @vetyvershop @BoisDeJasmin @trisbutterfield @Tisseranduk @ScentAirUK @Laney_Brooks Time ago 5 Days via HootSuite
- Do you know who are awesome? My 2 new followers in the last week! Growing with t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 8 Days via JustUnfollow
- Followers - 6, Unfollower - 1. I didn't know it'd be this simple. Get your weekly stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i. Time ago 15 Days via JustUnfollow
- One way to choose your signature scent (hey, it's good for laughs) t.co/JV6cJgobK6 Time ago 15 Days via HootSuite
- The site t.co/57xWkPTCIB is back up - sorry for any inconvenience Time ago 18 Days via HootSuite
- Apologies - the t.co/wGfFoete9J website is currently down due to hosting issues. Time ago 18 Days via HootSuite
- Great article for all of us bloggers t.co/Qi5x7QZOHY Time ago 20 Days via HootSuite
- 2 weekly followers. 1 unfollower. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 22 Days via JustUnfollow
- 3 new unfollowers and 4 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 29 Days via JustUnfollow
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.