* Actually, I ran into my kitchen to smell a few fruits and I am getting prunes. Not geriatric prunes, but sweet alcoholic prunes. Okay, so it’s spiced prune rum as the top notes.
* The prunes stay present but get less sweet and more dry, even salty, as they are grounded by cedar wood. So imagine pencil shavings and prunes. It sounds odd, but it smells really good.
* After about four hours it becomes very much a skin scent, but it will often waft up when you don’t realize or expect it.
* The spiced prune note stays present and is joined by a dry leather and a cooking spice that I couldn’t place.
Summary: Fareb is a scent where words don’t do it justice. When I say spiced prune rum and pencil shavings, it sounds really odd and off-putting, but on skin it’s really seductive and comforting at the same time. As an EDP, longevity is average- lasting just about eight hours before it becomes really faint. While this could be worn as an office fragrance (after the first hour passes), I see it more of a nighttime/going out to dinner and then snuggling with someone kind of scent. For the right kind of guy (or girl), it could easily be a signature scent. I would recommend this for anyone who likes the idea of Serge Lutens scents but finds them too strong or intense to wear. Fareb is just as interesting but not as aggressive through the wear.
Huitieme Art Fareb is available at Luckyscent.
Disclaimer: No disclaimer needed as I own a full bottle. Image courtesy of LuckyScent website.
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Check out my review of @Nomaterra Brooklyn Violet Leaf t.co/6YLPE3e65e My first experience with the line and I am quite impressed. Time ago 1 Day via HootSuite
- 9 weekly followers. 0 unfollowers. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - unfollowers beware -via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 2 Days via JustUnfollow
- Dark, dirty, skanky, sexual leather. Check out my review of @ByKilian Black Oud t.co/VOXy8WEtoI Time ago 4 Days via HootSuite
- Check out my review of @Dior Home Eau For Men t.co/72zXqvYYW3 Time ago 9 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 12 new followers and 2 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 10 Days via JustUnfollow
- Very nice debut from @Jacoglu - Oud Prestige - a well blended scent with oud playing a nice supporting role t.co/Cv5nbXJiN5 Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- My favorites from the @ElementsShow a few weeks ago t.co/lVPdGWcOKy Time ago 15 Days via HootSuite
- 4 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 1 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 17 Days via JustUnfollow
- Fragrant highlights of the @NyNowMarket show t.co/04P2e5QKtB Time ago 17 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks for RT @ElementsShow @DudeProducts @Kause187 Time ago 21 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.