* Actually, I ran into my kitchen to smell a few fruits and I am getting prunes. Not geriatric prunes, but sweet alcoholic prunes. Okay, so it’s spiced prune rum as the top notes.
* The prunes stay present but get less sweet and more dry, even salty, as they are grounded by cedar wood. So imagine pencil shavings and prunes. It sounds odd, but it smells really good.
* After about four hours it becomes very much a skin scent, but it will often waft up when you don’t realize or expect it.
* The spiced prune note stays present and is joined by a dry leather and a cooking spice that I couldn’t place.
Summary: Fareb is a scent where words don’t do it justice. When I say spiced prune rum and pencil shavings, it sounds really odd and off-putting, but on skin it’s really seductive and comforting at the same time. As an EDP, longevity is average- lasting just about eight hours before it becomes really faint. While this could be worn as an office fragrance (after the first hour passes), I see it more of a nighttime/going out to dinner and then snuggling with someone kind of scent. For the right kind of guy (or girl), it could easily be a signature scent. I would recommend this for anyone who likes the idea of Serge Lutens scents but finds them too strong or intense to wear. Fareb is just as interesting but not as aggressive through the wear.
Huitieme Art Fareb is available at Luckyscent.
Disclaimer: No disclaimer needed as I own a full bottle. Image courtesy of LuckyScent website.
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Do you know who are awesome? My 2 new followers in the last week! Growing with t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 22 Hours via JustUnfollow
- Followers - 6, Unfollower - 1. I didn't know it'd be this simple. Get your weekly stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i. Time ago 8 Days via JustUnfollow
- One way to choose your signature scent (hey, it's good for laughs) t.co/JV6cJgobK6 Time ago 9 Days via HootSuite
- The site t.co/57xWkPTCIB is back up - sorry for any inconvenience Time ago 12 Days via HootSuite
- Apologies - the t.co/wGfFoete9J website is currently down due to hosting issues. Time ago 12 Days via HootSuite
- Great article for all of us bloggers t.co/Qi5x7QZOHY Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- 2 weekly followers. 1 unfollower. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 15 Days via JustUnfollow
- 3 new unfollowers and 4 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 22 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks for following @andre_conway @PerfumersWorld @remybhatia @ForrestGust @JeffDame @AllureHomeFrag Time ago 27 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks for following @AromaMoma @TeoCabanel @EmelineMuraire @thevanitybcn @MattMBateman @SyntheticMusk @TraciAnnJ2013 Time ago 27 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.