* Actually, I ran into my kitchen to smell a few fruits and I am getting prunes. Not geriatric prunes, but sweet alcoholic prunes. Okay, so it’s spiced prune rum as the top notes.
* The prunes stay present but get less sweet and more dry, even salty, as they are grounded by cedar wood. So imagine pencil shavings and prunes. It sounds odd, but it smells really good.
* After about four hours it becomes very much a skin scent, but it will often waft up when you don’t realize or expect it.
* The spiced prune note stays present and is joined by a dry leather and a cooking spice that I couldn’t place.
Summary: Fareb is a scent where words don’t do it justice. When I say spiced prune rum and pencil shavings, it sounds really odd and off-putting, but on skin it’s really seductive and comforting at the same time. As an EDP, longevity is average- lasting just about eight hours before it becomes really faint. While this could be worn as an office fragrance (after the first hour passes), I see it more of a nighttime/going out to dinner and then snuggling with someone kind of scent. For the right kind of guy (or girl), it could easily be a signature scent. I would recommend this for anyone who likes the idea of Serge Lutens scents but finds them too strong or intense to wear. Fareb is just as interesting but not as aggressive through the wear.
Huitieme Art Fareb is available at Luckyscent.
Disclaimer: No disclaimer needed as I own a full bottle. Image courtesy of LuckyScent website.
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- Hazelnut hot chocolate. My favorite of the @SmellBent 2013 holiday Collection - Winter Vixen Fragrance Review t.co/eRfFZSIPFw Time ago 10 Hours via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @kuubinet @perfumefinders @vic_alieva @agarwoodindo @Aromatique_AU @PHiRe2000 @Perenelle Time ago 2 Days via HootSuite
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 4 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 5 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 6 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 11 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 11 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 9 new followers and 4 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 13 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @ArquisteCarlos @perfumeculture @marcygoldman Time ago 16 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.