Since this is my vacation, I slept in today and started at Etro. The price difference between New York and Paris is insane. I did the Euro conversion and the shirts are between 80 and 120 EURO cheaper in Paris than New York. Picked up a sample of their new scent Greene Street which is really nice.
While on the left bank, stopped by Bon Marche and smelled the new Memo scents. I LOVED Shams so much that I splurged on Quartier Latin after loving the first 20 minutes. Checked out all the Armani Prives and the new By Kilian in white bottles (they are obviously continuing the mainstream direction of Bamboo Tales with three easily accessible scents – a floral, a fruity, and a spicy wood). While are three are good, they strike me as mainstream designer rather than high end niche… though I should skintest further before jumping to conclusion.
I headed to the Marais and picked up two bottles at Sens Unique which I had skintested yesterday – Majdal Bekkali Fusion Sacree (gorgeous, with monster longevity) and Huitieme Art (Immortelle & Ginseng in a spicy mix). Also got a Popup Wizznadine (Grenadine) candle that I fell in love with at Elements (hope I win the diamond). While in the Marais, I stopped by Different Company and chatted with Anthony (who is quite cute and charming). I love that Oud for Love is not “oud in your face” and Oriental Lounge is a great sweet and seductive scent.
Headed to Jovoy and did a quick tour, noting what I was going to go back and sniff before I realized that I had to run to meet Neela for a drink. It was about this time that I realized that I hadn’t eaten today, so I enjoyed a Croque Monsieur at her recommendation. Neela was ABSOLUTELY charming, warm, lovely, and everything you could possibly imagined. I know I was sworn to secrecy — but I think I can say that she is working on a few new scents and I smelled some mods. It was really cool sniffing three different mods of the same scent – and talking about the differences and which I liked better and why. I would have gladly sprayed myself, but decided not to since I was already covered in stuff from Jovoy. One more thing about Neela – as a person – she is a combination of Bombay Bling (sweet, bubbly and vivacious) and Trayee (intelligent, respectful of history, inquisitive). It’s so obvious that her love of perfume comes through in her creations. After a hug goodbye, she helped me get to the metro so that I could get home and drop off my stuff before heading out again.
I went next to Printemps to pick up some Martin de Candre soaps for a friend (they only had one… damn them- will have to try BHV in the morning – unless you wet shavers have other suggestions). Checked out the fragrances – at the Nez a Nez counter they didn’t have Ambre a Sade but the SA suggested that I try Atelier d’Artist – a quite lovely smoky, leathery, boozy concoction that I am still enjoying. On a whim, I went next door to Galleries Lafayette and in the men’s building, I found the most AMAZING blazer that I will be rocking at my next special event – it is so shiny and sparkly. I am back at the hotel now- it’s early, around 9ish, so I am going to get some writing done before turning in early so I can wake up for one last full day in Paris.
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Check out my review of @Nomaterra Brooklyn Violet Leaf t.co/6YLPE3e65e My first experience with the line and I am quite impressed. Time ago 5 Days via HootSuite
- 9 weekly followers. 0 unfollowers. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - unfollowers beware -via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 5 Days via JustUnfollow
- Dark, dirty, skanky, sexual leather. Check out my review of @ByKilian Black Oud t.co/VOXy8WEtoI Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Check out my review of @Dior Home Eau For Men t.co/72zXqvYYW3 Time ago 12 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 12 new followers and 2 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 13 Days via JustUnfollow
- Very nice debut from @Jacoglu - Oud Prestige - a well blended scent with oud playing a nice supporting role t.co/Cv5nbXJiN5 Time ago 17 Days via HootSuite
- My favorites from the @ElementsShow a few weeks ago t.co/lVPdGWcOKy Time ago 18 Days via HootSuite
- 4 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 1 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 20 Days via JustUnfollow
- Fragrant highlights of the @NyNowMarket show t.co/04P2e5QKtB Time ago 20 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks for RT @ElementsShow @DudeProducts @Kause187 Time ago 24 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.