* Fields of Rubus starts off smelling like expensive dark chocolate-covered raspberries with a hint of chewy patchouli.
* Rubus means blackberry in latin, and the scientific family rubus describes flowering plants of the rose family (including blackberries and raspberries).
* The chocolate raspberry stays as the focus throughout the development. A dry wood joins in the heart and is sweetened by a light vanilla.
* In the deep dry down, after 5-6 hours, the chocolate raspberry dries a bit and the vanilla is joined by musk and a light patchouli (lighter than what’s in the top notes).
* The longevity is insane, at more than 24 hours and lasting through a shower.
The Kerosene line is made by blogger-turned-perfumer John Pegg and has been widely embraced by the perfume blog community. There is an artisan feel to the scent – unique, and of quality, which is also in evidence in the painted bottles that are used. The sprayer on the bottle is powerful – one squirt lets out a lot of juice. Fields of Rubus is definitely unisex and will smell great on a guy or a gal. It is office-friendly as it doesn’t project that loudly after the first hour. Its also a very pleasant escape to take in while working. The longevity is way above average as you actually have to scrub it off – not that you will want to. Each time I wear it – it lasts to the next day and through a shower. I loved the sample so much that I bought a full bottle. It has also inspired me to hunt down samples of his other scents to test as well.
Kerosene Fields of Rubus is available from Min New York.
No disclaimer needed, I own a full bottle. Image courtesy of Min New York website.
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 2 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 2 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 3 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 4 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 9 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 9 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 9 new followers and 4 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 10 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @ArquisteCarlos @perfumeculture @marcygoldman Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Article worth reading - mainstream vs niche in the marketplace t.co/xlqLTtuSwt Time ago 17 Days via HootSuite
- 2 new unfollowers (I know who you are!) and 6 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 17 Days via JustUnfollow
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.