* The violet fades, as the cedar feels like it is actually burning in a fire and is joined by a harsh, vetiver grass.
* The burning cedar emits a smokey haze which creates an incense-like feel with amber and a touch of all spice sweetening it.
* The smoke mellows as leather and a dirty patchouli ground it.
* In the deep dry down, a touch of sandalwood adds some creaminess to the haze of patchouli and leather.
Summary: I used to laugh when people called clothes – ‘easy to wear’ – I always thought ‘you put on clothes and you wear them.’ As I experiment with scents, I get it. There are some scents that are easy and effortless – others are challenging and more difficult to wear. Interlude Man is a challenging fragrance with both its complexities and extremes. When they say the scent is meant to evoke an air of disorder, I totally get that. The vetiver is harsh, almost to the level of being unpleasant. The smoke is powerful at times and almost becomes unbearable. The cedar is quite sharp at points. Interlude is definitely an experience and a journey. If you are looking for a challenging adventure, Interlude might be for you. I will stick to the Amouages that I love – Memoir woman and Epic man, and of course, their attars – Al Andalus and Al Shmoukh.
Amouage fragrances are available from Luckyscent, Aedes De Venusta, MIN New York and select boutiques.
Disclaimer: Sample provided by friend. Image courtesy of Amouage.
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- The Snobirds fly south for the winter -- check out my review of @SmellBent Snobirds t.co/S3WbZW3HaU Time ago 21 Hours via HootSuite
- 9 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 6 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 1 Day via JustUnfollow
- Hazelnut hot chocolate. My favorite of the @SmellBent 2013 holiday Collection - Winter Vixen Fragrance Review t.co/eRfFZSIPFw Time ago 3 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @kuubinet @perfumefinders @vic_alieva @agarwoodindo @Aromatique_AU @PHiRe2000 @Perenelle Time ago 5 Days via HootSuite
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 8 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 10 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.