* There is something in the top that also smells a little soapy, I am thinking it might be cilantro.
* That soapy smell turns into a soapy rose which is cloaked by spices. There is also a slight, spicy carnation smell in the mix also.
* Rose 31 never broadcasts Rose – it is definitely there, but you have to sniff for it.
* A haze of rose lasts into the base which is all about spice and woods.
Summary: The cliche here would be to reference Romeo and Juliet with a witty play on “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet,” but that’s just too obvious. Basically, if you are a guy looking for a rose fragrance that doesn’t scream rose, this one might be for you. There is rose there, like a delicate whisper softening the spices through the development. Le Labo scents are not inexpensive, so if you are looking at this one, I would also suggest looking at Amouage Lyric (another wallet buster) which is another masculine take on rose. Longevity is above average, lasting more than twelve hours. Be careful not to overapply this, especially during daytime – because it can scream. I could see younger guys liking this because the feels fresh and clean but with a spicy edge.
No disclaimer needed as I own a full bottle. Image courtesy of LuckyScent.Com
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- Number crunching for the past week - 4 new followers and NO unfollowers. Stats via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 1 Day via JustUnfollow
- @amuscalementvot Thanks for following. Where is your store located? Do you have one in Paris? Time ago 2 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @JenSun3371 @ScentLog @JanMoran @2thank @BestPriceCenter Time ago 5 Days via HootSuite
- The Snobirds fly south for the winter -- check out my review of @SmellBent Snobirds t.co/S3WbZW3HaU Time ago 8 Days via HootSuite
- 9 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 6 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 8 Days via JustUnfollow
- Hazelnut hot chocolate. My favorite of the @SmellBent 2013 holiday Collection - Winter Vixen Fragrance Review t.co/eRfFZSIPFw Time ago 10 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @kuubinet @perfumefinders @vic_alieva @agarwoodindo @Aromatique_AU @PHiRe2000 @Perenelle Time ago 12 Days via HootSuite
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 15 Days via JustUnfollow
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.