* Coromandel starts as a sweet and spicy patchouli with cherry and cinnamon in the mix.
* Coromandel is either named for the Chinese lacquered screens used in dressing rooms or for the Indian Coromandel coast where Chinese and Indian people traded goods.
* Patchouli stays as the focus as woods join in and it starts to get earthy. The emphasis though is on earthy, not dirty. This isn’t dirty hippie patchouli, but refined and elegant, earthy patchouli.
* The base is pure oriental sweetness with luscious vanilla and amber surrounding the woods.
Summary: Coromandel is a decadent yet comforting scent that lasts for hours, if not days. The sweet base will last until you shower (and scrub) it off, not that you will want to. Although its an eau de toilette, it wears more like an eau de parfum. As part of the Les Exclusifs collect, it’s only available at Chanel boutiques and very select department store. In its 200 ML size, it makes a great size for splitting (the magnetic cap is quite nice too). Applied lightly, it would be safe for the office with moderate silage. But more than 1-2 sprays and it broadcasts. Although I am a fan of the classic Chanel masculines (Egoiste, Pour Monsieur), Coromandel is the only one of the Les Exclusifs that I fell in love with. It smells great on both men and women – I often get compliments when I wear it.
Coromandel is available from Chanel boutiques, Chanel website and very select department stores.
Image courtesy of Chanel website. No disclaimer needed as I purchased a bottle
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- The Snobirds fly south for the winter -- check out my review of @SmellBent Snobirds t.co/S3WbZW3HaU Time ago 13 Hours via HootSuite
- 9 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 6 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 1 Day via JustUnfollow
- Hazelnut hot chocolate. My favorite of the @SmellBent 2013 holiday Collection - Winter Vixen Fragrance Review t.co/eRfFZSIPFw Time ago 3 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @kuubinet @perfumefinders @vic_alieva @agarwoodindo @Aromatique_AU @PHiRe2000 @Perenelle Time ago 5 Days via HootSuite
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 8 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 10 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.