* Coromandel starts as a sweet and spicy patchouli with cherry and cinnamon in the mix.
* Coromandel is either named for the Chinese lacquered screens used in dressing rooms or for the Indian Coromandel coast where Chinese and Indian people traded goods.
* Patchouli stays as the focus as woods join in and it starts to get earthy. The emphasis though is on earthy, not dirty. This isn’t dirty hippie patchouli, but refined and elegant, earthy patchouli.
* The base is pure oriental sweetness with luscious vanilla and amber surrounding the woods.
Summary: Coromandel is a decadent yet comforting scent that lasts for hours, if not days. The sweet base will last until you shower (and scrub) it off, not that you will want to. Although its an eau de toilette, it wears more like an eau de parfum. As part of the Les Exclusifs collect, it’s only available at Chanel boutiques and very select department store. In its 200 ML size, it makes a great size for splitting (the magnetic cap is quite nice too). Applied lightly, it would be safe for the office with moderate silage. But more than 1-2 sprays and it broadcasts. Although I am a fan of the classic Chanel masculines (Egoiste, Pour Monsieur), Coromandel is the only one of the Les Exclusifs that I fell in love with. It smells great on both men and women – I often get compliments when I wear it.
Coromandel is available from Chanel boutiques, Chanel website and very select department stores.
Image courtesy of Chanel website. No disclaimer needed as I purchased a bottle
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- 3 weekly followers. 1 unfollower. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - unfollowers beware - via t.co/FCOV9A761s Time ago 22 Hours via JustUnfollow
- Time to cast your votse for the Fragrance Foundation @FragranceFDTN Consumer Choice Awards t.co/ER5deEgeNv Time ago 2 Days via HootSuite
- Check out my review of @Nomaterra Brooklyn Violet Leaf t.co/6YLPE3e65e My first experience with the line and I am quite impressed. Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- 9 weekly followers. 0 unfollowers. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - unfollowers beware -via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 8 Days via JustUnfollow
- Dark, dirty, skanky, sexual leather. Check out my review of @ByKilian Black Oud t.co/VOXy8WEtoI Time ago 10 Days via HootSuite
- Check out my review of @Dior Home Eau For Men t.co/72zXqvYYW3 Time ago 15 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 12 new followers and 2 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 16 Days via JustUnfollow
- Very nice debut from @Jacoglu - Oud Prestige - a well blended scent with oud playing a nice supporting role t.co/Cv5nbXJiN5 Time ago 20 Days via HootSuite
- My favorites from the @ElementsShow a few weeks ago t.co/lVPdGWcOKy Time ago 21 Days via HootSuite
- 4 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 1 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 23 Days via JustUnfollow
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.