* Antidote starts with a mint blast frothing over citrus, lavender, and cardamom. It’s refreshing and spicy at the same time.
* The top is kind of brisk, yet warms nicely. The scent seems to get stronger for the first two hours of wear.
* The citrus fades away, but everything else stays in place. The mint, lavender, and cardamom are joined by a kitchen sink full of flowers and spice. It wears differently every time with cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg in the spice mix and violets, rose, iris, and orange blossoms in the floral mix.
* Imagine all of your favorite base notes mixed together – Vanilla, Sandalwood, Amber, Cedar, Leather, and Musk – and that is the base. They don’t fight with each other, but blend nicely, like a symphony,
Summary: You know the old Coco Chanel saying – before you leave the house, take a look in the mirror and take off one accessory. Antidote is the exact opposite – there are so many notes in the mix that it feels like they kept adding - but they are so well-blended that it doesn’t feel overworked (or overdone). Antidote is young and brash in its concept, yet refined and mature in its execution. It’s that wonderful feeling of always discovering a different, new aspect, while the overall feel is comfortable and easy to wear. The projection is very nice throughout its twelve-hour plus life. You will catch whiffs of it without having to smell yourself, but it doesn’t broadcast loudly with massive projection. As a 2006 release, I would call Antidote a modern classic – an absolute masterpiece that will add a refined spark to any man’s fragrance wardrobe.
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- The Snobirds fly south for the winter -- check out my review of @SmellBent Snobirds t.co/S3WbZW3HaU Time ago 12 Hours via HootSuite
- 9 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 6 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 1 Day via JustUnfollow
- Hazelnut hot chocolate. My favorite of the @SmellBent 2013 holiday Collection - Winter Vixen Fragrance Review t.co/eRfFZSIPFw Time ago 3 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @kuubinet @perfumefinders @vic_alieva @agarwoodindo @Aromatique_AU @PHiRe2000 @Perenelle Time ago 5 Days via HootSuite
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 8 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 10 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.