* Egoiste is a bit mischievious, as it has different characters. Sometime it goes a little soapy on me, with the spicy wood fighting to keep it manly. Other times the top goes very sweet on me – where the citrus turns more gourmand, like candied/sugared fruits rather than crisp citrus.
* Initial projection is quite strong. People around you will definitely smell it for the first hour or so.
* The spicy wood is joined by a rose in mid-development. This is not a feminine rose with a capital R, yet a sweet, fruity one with a lot of depth – a three-dimensional rose.
* The rose begins to fade and a creamy sandalwood comes in. A lovely vanilla joins the sandalwood for a base that lasts for hours.
Summary: Egoiste is an absolute masterpiece that was based on a rare, hard-to-find Bas Noir. I have a small decant of Bois Noir and it’s absolutely decadent, with Egoiste being slightly more spicy. When it was originally released there was also a Cologne Concentree which I have recently tracked down. The CC is stronger, more intense, and has a more robust development. Imagine the EDT on steroids. The fragrance called Egoiste Platinum is completely unrelated, in my opinion, to Egoiste. They share one word of the name and the story I’ve read is that the Platinum version was created for the American market, who didn’t latch on to the spicy sweet Egoiste like the rest of the world. I wore Egoiste throughout college and mistakenly bought Platinum thinking it would be as good. Mistake- as it is a citrus/aquatic that is nearly the polar opposite to the spicy goodness that is the original Egoiste. The longevity of Egoiste is insane – sometimes longer than 24 hours. It really reacts to skin chemistry and works on me like a mood ring. I find that if I am stressed it gets a little more soapy while if I am more calm it goes more sweet. To me, Egoiste is a classic that every man needs to test and wear at least once in his life.
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Fab tweeps @Laney_Brooks @OrtC0mprend1d0 @BePeachyKeen & more followed me. Grow with t.co/6klyddFFDm t.co/VzsSsJykg0 Time ago 2 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks for New Followers @twistedlily360 @vetyvershop @BoisDeJasmin @trisbutterfield @Tisseranduk @ScentAirUK @Laney_Brooks Time ago 6 Days via HootSuite
- Do you know who are awesome? My 2 new followers in the last week! Growing with t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 9 Days via JustUnfollow
- Followers - 6, Unfollower - 1. I didn't know it'd be this simple. Get your weekly stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i. Time ago 16 Days via JustUnfollow
- One way to choose your signature scent (hey, it's good for laughs) t.co/JV6cJgobK6 Time ago 17 Days via HootSuite
- The site t.co/57xWkPTCIB is back up - sorry for any inconvenience Time ago 19 Days via HootSuite
- Apologies - the t.co/wGfFoete9J website is currently down due to hosting issues. Time ago 19 Days via HootSuite
- Great article for all of us bloggers t.co/Qi5x7QZOHY Time ago 21 Days via HootSuite
- 2 weekly followers. 1 unfollower. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 23 Days via JustUnfollow
- 3 new unfollowers and 4 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 30 Days via JustUnfollow
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.