* The top notes feel clean, but not in the current boring laundry way. If it didn’t project so loudly, this would be a great sports scent.
* A soft vanilla comes in to join the light floral, which gradually gets replaced by a spicy woody mix of cedar and cypress with a touch of vetiver.
* After about an hour, the projection lessens and it starts wearing closer to the skin.
* The vanilla and cedar sticks around into the base where they are joined by a clean patchouli and a very light touch of powder.
Summary: Colors is the first cologne I ever bought for myself. I fell in love at first sniff and wore it for the first two years of high school. I’ve been through probably four bottles over the years since. Recently, I was at a TJ Maxx with a $10 gift card and when I saw the blue bottle on sale for $10 – I knew it was kismet. It wears exactly how I remember it, and at the price point, it’s one of the best bargains on the market. The scent lasts about six hours on my skin, which is excellent for an eau de toilette. It smells great on a guy but also smells great on a girl.
Disclaimer: No disclaimer needed – I bought a full bottle. Image courtesy of Perfumes Raffy.
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Time to cast your votse for the Fragrance Foundation @FragranceFDTN Consumer Choice Awards t.co/ER5deEgeNv Time ago 1 Hour via HootSuite
- Check out my review of @Nomaterra Brooklyn Violet Leaf t.co/6YLPE3e65e My first experience with the line and I am quite impressed. Time ago 6 Days via HootSuite
- 9 weekly followers. 0 unfollowers. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - unfollowers beware -via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 6 Days via JustUnfollow
- Dark, dirty, skanky, sexual leather. Check out my review of @ByKilian Black Oud t.co/VOXy8WEtoI Time ago 9 Days via HootSuite
- Check out my review of @Dior Home Eau For Men t.co/72zXqvYYW3 Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 12 new followers and 2 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 14 Days via JustUnfollow
- Very nice debut from @Jacoglu - Oud Prestige - a well blended scent with oud playing a nice supporting role t.co/Cv5nbXJiN5 Time ago 18 Days via HootSuite
- My favorites from the @ElementsShow a few weeks ago t.co/lVPdGWcOKy Time ago 20 Days via HootSuite
- 4 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 1 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 21 Days via JustUnfollow
- Fragrant highlights of the @NyNowMarket show t.co/04P2e5QKtB Time ago 22 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.