* Bois means woods, and this scent was inspired by the woods of Portugal.
* What you smell on top is what you get for most of the span as this scent is mostly linear, until the base comes in which is often after 8-12 hours.
* The bergamot and lavender eventually fade as the sandalwood and cedar become the main focus. A little spice is left and there is a light grass smell hazed on top.
Summary: Bois Du Portugal has an old school and distinguished, manly feel to it. Some refer to it as a 70s/80s powerhouse and I can totally see that as it is strong and projects. Wear this to an office if you are a CEO or want to feel like one. It’s one of those scents that gives off the smell of “old money.” I couldn’t imagine anyone under the age of 30 wearing this, but I can be wrong. If you happen to have a bottle of Tom Ford Private Blends Bois Rouge, this is similar, but longer-lasting and has more depth. I know this because I skin tested the two back-to-back for weeks before making a decision to buy a bottle a few years ago. With everything in my fragrance collection, I find myself reaching for BDP quite often and the more than half empty bottle is a testament to that.
Creed fragrances are available from Neiman Marcus, select Nordstrom and the Creed Boutique. If you live in South Florida, I strongly recommend that you reach out to Eduardo, the Creed representative at the Bal Harbour Neiman Marcus. If you live in Nashville, Byron at Green Hills Nordstrom is quite exceptional as well.
No disclaimer needed – I own a full bottle. Image from Creed Boutique
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- The Snobirds fly south for the winter -- check out my review of @SmellBent Snobirds t.co/S3WbZW3HaU Time ago 1 Day via HootSuite
- 9 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 6 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 2 Days via JustUnfollow
- Hazelnut hot chocolate. My favorite of the @SmellBent 2013 holiday Collection - Winter Vixen Fragrance Review t.co/eRfFZSIPFw Time ago 4 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @kuubinet @perfumefinders @vic_alieva @agarwoodindo @Aromatique_AU @PHiRe2000 @Perenelle Time ago 5 Days via HootSuite
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 8 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 9 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 10 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 15 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 15 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.