* Bois means woods, and this scent was inspired by the woods of Portugal.
* What you smell on top is what you get for most of the span as this scent is mostly linear, until the base comes in which is often after 8-12 hours.
* The bergamot and lavender eventually fade as the sandalwood and cedar become the main focus. A little spice is left and there is a light grass smell hazed on top.
Summary: Bois Du Portugal has an old school and distinguished, manly feel to it. Some refer to it as a 70s/80s powerhouse and I can totally see that as it is strong and projects. Wear this to an office if you are a CEO or want to feel like one. It’s one of those scents that gives off the smell of “old money.” I couldn’t imagine anyone under the age of 30 wearing this, but I can be wrong. If you happen to have a bottle of Tom Ford Private Blends Bois Rouge, this is similar, but longer-lasting and has more depth. I know this because I skin tested the two back-to-back for weeks before making a decision to buy a bottle a few years ago. With everything in my fragrance collection, I find myself reaching for BDP quite often and the more than half empty bottle is a testament to that.
Creed fragrances are available from Neiman Marcus, select Nordstrom and the Creed Boutique. If you live in South Florida, I strongly recommend that you reach out to Eduardo, the Creed representative at the Bal Harbour Neiman Marcus. If you live in Nashville, Byron at Green Hills Nordstrom is quite exceptional as well.
No disclaimer needed – I own a full bottle. Image from Creed Boutique
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Fab tweeps @Laney_Brooks @OrtC0mprend1d0 @BePeachyKeen & more followed me. Grow with t.co/6klyddFFDm t.co/VzsSsJykg0 Time ago 1 Day via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks for New Followers @twistedlily360 @vetyvershop @BoisDeJasmin @trisbutterfield @Tisseranduk @ScentAirUK @Laney_Brooks Time ago 6 Days via HootSuite
- Do you know who are awesome? My 2 new followers in the last week! Growing with t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 8 Days via JustUnfollow
- Followers - 6, Unfollower - 1. I didn't know it'd be this simple. Get your weekly stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i. Time ago 15 Days via JustUnfollow
- One way to choose your signature scent (hey, it's good for laughs) t.co/JV6cJgobK6 Time ago 16 Days via HootSuite
- The site t.co/57xWkPTCIB is back up - sorry for any inconvenience Time ago 19 Days via HootSuite
- Apologies - the t.co/wGfFoete9J website is currently down due to hosting issues. Time ago 19 Days via HootSuite
- Great article for all of us bloggers t.co/Qi5x7QZOHY Time ago 21 Days via HootSuite
- 2 weekly followers. 1 unfollower. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 22 Days via JustUnfollow
- 3 new unfollowers and 4 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 29 Days via JustUnfollow
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.