* The name means “Son of God, the rice and citrus.”
* As it develops, it smells even more like a mojito with lime and vanilla joining in as the coconut note increases in intensity.
* This wears differently on me sometimes. It’s gone in a floral direction a few times with rose and jasmine coming up. Other times the mojito gets dosed with a foody notes of cinnamon, cardamom, and rice.
* The mojito drifts away as vanilla and amber form the base with a soft leather and musk chiming in.
Summary: When I was in Paris last year at Eldo boutique in the Marais, I got to sniff this and it was referred to as Filipino Houseboy. I am guessing they renamed it because they were afraid that it might be considered offensive. Seeing as this is the same brand that released Secretions Magnifiques, arguably the most offensive fragrance ever made, I am unclear as to why they changed the name. I love this scent and plan to buy a bottle as it is light enough for summer wear as an Eau du cologne but has enough weight to stick around. Fils de Dieu could be considered office-friendly in light doses. If you spray on too much, it does start to project loudly. Longevity is strong, more than 8 hours.
Disclaimer: Sample provided by Luckyscent. My opinions are my own and I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. Image from www.luckyscent.com
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 2 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 2 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 3 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 5 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 9 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 9 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 9 new followers and 4 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 10 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @ArquisteCarlos @perfumeculture @marcygoldman Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Article worth reading - mainstream vs niche in the marketplace t.co/xlqLTtuSwt Time ago 17 Days via HootSuite
- 2 new unfollowers (I know who you are!) and 6 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 17 Days via JustUnfollow
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.