* Part of a trio of fragrances celebrating the history and traditions of India by Neela Vermeire and perfumer Bertrand Duchaufor, Bombay Bling draws inspirations from the joyous, celebratory feel of modern India.
* Imagine a pleasant version of menthol, a cold that is bracing but not overbrearing. This is the effect of the vivid and dimensional top notes.
* The fruits are joined by white floral heart notes. The listed notes are jasmine, tuberose, plumeria, gardenia, and ylang ylang, but I am not able point out which ones are actually there since it seems very blended.
* The florals recede a bit, but the fruity top notes act as a haze over the base notes of wood, patchouli, and a not too sweet vanilla.
Summary: Fruity floral fragrances are all over the place, but Bombay Bling stands out as one of the best ones that I have ever experienced. Not only is there a clear development, it feels incredibly rich and full without being too strong. I used the words ‘vivid’ and ‘dimensional’ to describe the top notes, but those words also describe the floral midnotes and the woody base. I found myself sniffing the scent nonstop while wearing it, because it feels like a three-dimensional fragrance. The inspiration of colorful, modern India is definitely clear throughout the development of the fragrance. Even though Bombay Bling is a fruity floral, guys could definitely wear it, and it’s not too loud for an office fragrance. Longevity is excellent, with it lasting more than 12 hours on my skin.
Disclaimer: Sample provided by Neela Vermeire My opinions are my own and I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. Image from www.luckyscent.com
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 18 Hours via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 1 Day via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 2 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 4 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 8 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 8 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 9 new followers and 4 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 9 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @ArquisteCarlos @perfumeculture @marcygoldman Time ago 13 Days via HootSuite
- Article worth reading - mainstream vs niche in the marketplace t.co/xlqLTtuSwt Time ago 16 Days via HootSuite
- 2 new unfollowers (I know who you are!) and 6 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 16 Days via JustUnfollow
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.