* At first, I thought I was wearing Serge Lutens Fille en Anglais until a bit of clove changed the mood.
* Norne is dark yet warm, feeling like a matured christmas tree from a noir film.
* Some moss and something a little musty enters the picture. This may sound bad, but it’s actually quite spiritual, like you are really in the woods.
* The forest gets a little spicy with a touch of incense and pepper in the base notes – but the trees are still the main focus.
Summary: Norne is a fragrance that everyone needs to experience. Made completely of forest absolutes, everyone will react to this completely differently. I am not an outdoorsy type of guy at all, but wearing Norne I feel like I am in the woods even as I sit at my desk typing on the computer. The scent is magical and really transports you somewhere special. Norne would make an amazing gift for friends who hike or like to commune with nature in their own spiritual way. I can’t imagine wearing Norne in an office setting, but it’s great for evenings and weekends. Although it’s an eau de parfum, it feels like a perfume oil and with its dark color, be careful wearing it with lighter-colored clothing for possible stains. Norne is a special fragrance that smells like it should cost at least 5 times the retail price.
Disclaimer: Sample received as gift with purchase. Image from Indiescents.com
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 5 Hours via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 16 Hours via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 2 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 3 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 9 new followers and 4 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 9 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @ArquisteCarlos @perfumeculture @marcygoldman Time ago 12 Days via HootSuite
- Article worth reading - mainstream vs niche in the marketplace t.co/xlqLTtuSwt Time ago 15 Days via HootSuite
- 2 new unfollowers (I know who you are!) and 6 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7zVRTa Time ago 16 Days via JustUnfollow
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.