* At first, I thought I was wearing Serge Lutens Fille en Anglais until a bit of clove changed the mood.
* Norne is dark yet warm, feeling like a matured christmas tree from a noir film.
* Some moss and something a little musty enters the picture. This may sound bad, but it’s actually quite spiritual, like you are really in the woods.
* The forest gets a little spicy with a touch of incense and pepper in the base notes – but the trees are still the main focus.
Summary: Norne is a fragrance that everyone needs to experience. Made completely of forest absolutes, everyone will react to this completely differently. I am not an outdoorsy type of guy at all, but wearing Norne I feel like I am in the woods even as I sit at my desk typing on the computer. The scent is magical and really transports you somewhere special. Norne would make an amazing gift for friends who hike or like to commune with nature in their own spiritual way. I can’t imagine wearing Norne in an office setting, but it’s great for evenings and weekends. Although it’s an eau de parfum, it feels like a perfume oil and with its dark color, be careful wearing it with lighter-colored clothing for possible stains. Norne is a special fragrance that smells like it should cost at least 5 times the retail price.
Disclaimer: Sample received as gift with purchase. Image from Indiescents.com
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Time to cast your votse for the Fragrance Foundation @FragranceFDTN Consumer Choice Awards t.co/ER5deEgeNv Time ago 16 Hours via HootSuite
- Check out my review of @Nomaterra Brooklyn Violet Leaf t.co/6YLPE3e65e My first experience with the line and I am quite impressed. Time ago 6 Days via HootSuite
- 9 weekly followers. 0 unfollowers. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - unfollowers beware -via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 7 Days via JustUnfollow
- Dark, dirty, skanky, sexual leather. Check out my review of @ByKilian Black Oud t.co/VOXy8WEtoI Time ago 9 Days via HootSuite
- Check out my review of @Dior Home Eau For Men t.co/72zXqvYYW3 Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 12 new followers and 2 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 15 Days via JustUnfollow
- Very nice debut from @Jacoglu - Oud Prestige - a well blended scent with oud playing a nice supporting role t.co/Cv5nbXJiN5 Time ago 19 Days via HootSuite
- My favorites from the @ElementsShow a few weeks ago t.co/lVPdGWcOKy Time ago 20 Days via HootSuite
- 4 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 1 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 22 Days via JustUnfollow
- Fragrant highlights of the @NyNowMarket show t.co/04P2e5QKtB Time ago 22 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.