* Rose Oud starts with a powerful punch of oud and rose mixed together. It is strong and projects loudly.
* Oud is a resin from southeast Asian evergreen trees that have been infected by a mold. It is rare, expensive, and highly prized in Indian and Arabic cultures.
* After wearing it a few times, I’ve noticed that top sometimes gets a little soapy on me as well, while most of the time it is Rose and Oud.
* As the scent calms down into the heart notes – the rose and oud stay present, joined by honey and cinnamon. Oud acts as the base, with the sweeter notes making a nice contrast.
* The base notes mirror the heart with the addition of a bit more sweetness, with either butterscotch or vanilla coming in to play. This is by no means an edible gourmand, but a quite pleasant sweetness combining with a more subtle rose and oud.
Summary: Combining a classical female note, rose, with a classically male note, oud, is quite brilliant and the contrast makes this quite a unique and sophisticated scent. Rose Oud is one of four oud scents from By Killian along with Pure Oud, Incense Oud, and the recently released Amber Oud. A limited edition Extreme Oud is apparently only available in the middle east. This is a great nighttime fragrance as its way too much for the office. It’s extremely sexy in a seductive, not sleazy, kind of way. As the scent is quite expensive, you will definitely want to skin test it a few times before going for a full bottle.
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- #FF Thanks for New Followers @twistedlily360 @vetyvershop @BoisDeJasmin @trisbutterfield @Tisseranduk @ScentAirUK @Laney_Brooks Time ago 1 Day via HootSuite
- Do you know who are awesome? My 2 new followers in the last week! Growing with t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 4 Days via JustUnfollow
- Followers - 6, Unfollower - 1. I didn't know it'd be this simple. Get your weekly stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i. Time ago 11 Days via JustUnfollow
- One way to choose your signature scent (hey, it's good for laughs) t.co/JV6cJgobK6 Time ago 12 Days via HootSuite
- The site t.co/57xWkPTCIB is back up - sorry for any inconvenience Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Apologies - the t.co/wGfFoete9J website is currently down due to hosting issues. Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- Great article for all of us bloggers t.co/Qi5x7QZOHY Time ago 16 Days via HootSuite
- 2 weekly followers. 1 unfollower. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 18 Days via JustUnfollow
- 3 new unfollowers and 4 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 25 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks for following @andre_conway @PerfumersWorld @remybhatia @ForrestGust @JeffDame @AllureHomeFrag Time ago 29 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.