* Rose Oud starts with a powerful punch of oud and rose mixed together. It is strong and projects loudly.
* Oud is a resin from southeast Asian evergreen trees that have been infected by a mold. It is rare, expensive, and highly prized in Indian and Arabic cultures.
* After wearing it a few times, I’ve noticed that top sometimes gets a little soapy on me as well, while most of the time it is Rose and Oud.
* As the scent calms down into the heart notes – the rose and oud stay present, joined by honey and cinnamon. Oud acts as the base, with the sweeter notes making a nice contrast.
* The base notes mirror the heart with the addition of a bit more sweetness, with either butterscotch or vanilla coming in to play. This is by no means an edible gourmand, but a quite pleasant sweetness combining with a more subtle rose and oud.
Summary: Combining a classical female note, rose, with a classically male note, oud, is quite brilliant and the contrast makes this quite a unique and sophisticated scent. Rose Oud is one of four oud scents from By Killian along with Pure Oud, Incense Oud, and the recently released Amber Oud. A limited edition Extreme Oud is apparently only available in the middle east. This is a great nighttime fragrance as its way too much for the office. It’s extremely sexy in a seductive, not sleazy, kind of way. As the scent is quite expensive, you will definitely want to skin test it a few times before going for a full bottle.
- Natalie on Royal Apothic Terra Firma EDP Fragrance Review
- Natalie on Providence Perfume Mousseline Peche Fragrance Review
- Abbie Druitt on Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily Fragrance Review
- Victoria on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Luberon by Maria Candida Gentile | The Scented Hound on Maria Candida Gentile Luberon Fragrance Review
- The Snobirds fly south for the winter -- check out my review of @SmellBent Snobirds t.co/S3WbZW3HaU Time ago 1 Day via HootSuite
- 9 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 6 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 2 Days via JustUnfollow
- Hazelnut hot chocolate. My favorite of the @SmellBent 2013 holiday Collection - Winter Vixen Fragrance Review t.co/eRfFZSIPFw Time ago 4 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks to New Followers @kuubinet @perfumefinders @vic_alieva @agarwoodindo @Aromatique_AU @PHiRe2000 @Perenelle Time ago 5 Days via HootSuite
- Start the holidays with @SmellBent tribute to #NellCarter - Smell Bent Holiday Collection Gimel a Break Review t.co/BC0gi5OsZS Time ago 7 Days via HootSuite
- Gift wrap your packages to look like a @Lacoste polo - Step by Step Instructions t.co/21XRIx3lZI Time ago 8 Days via HootSuite
- Just in: I have no unfollowers and 1 new follower in the past week. Breaking news via t.co/nUEzlktk2M Time ago 9 Days via JustUnfollow
- Check out the Tauer Perfumes Advent 2013 Calendar - giveaways every day! t.co/y9J6vCriME Time ago 10 Days via HootSuite
- Black Friday sale at @provperfumeco 10% Off Online Purchase with code SAVE10 t.co/8goRqeEfpx I recommend t.co/9i6RumUtMN Time ago 15 Days via HootSuite
- Check out our review of @provperfumeco Mousseline Peche t.co/Ux2F3CZej8 Time ago 15 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.