* The first shot is a burst of cold with juniper berry, pepper, and citrus. It’s a bit strong and bracing, with strong projection for the first 30 minutes.
* South African sprint runner Oscar Pistorius is the face of the fragrance. Known as “the fastest man on no legs,” he is a double amputee who runs with artificial limbs. I wonder if the inspiration was to be a sports fragrance with a unique twist.
* A fresh mint joins in with the pepper – I guess that would be called peppermint <grin>.
* Pure Shot bares little resemblance to A*Men, with none of the coffee, chocolate, caramel or musk that the original is named for.
* After about 2 hours, it calms down to a nice woody patchouli that lasts for a good 6 hours.
Summary: Pure Shot came as a total surprise for me. When I reach for an A*Men or and A*men flanker, I am expecting deep intense juices that projects. Pure Shot could easily be described as the A*Men sports fragrance as it is refreshing, light, and heats up well with physical activity. I would compare it to Serge Lutens L’eau, a clean laundry fragrance in a line of heavy oriental scents. Pure Shot seems like it was made for guys who don’t wear A*men or don’t like heavy scents. With that said, I do like it and it would work as a great summer scent.
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Do you know who are awesome? My 2 new followers in the last week! Growing with t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 1 Day via JustUnfollow
- Followers - 6, Unfollower - 1. I didn't know it'd be this simple. Get your weekly stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i. Time ago 8 Days via JustUnfollow
- One way to choose your signature scent (hey, it's good for laughs) t.co/JV6cJgobK6 Time ago 9 Days via HootSuite
- The site t.co/57xWkPTCIB is back up - sorry for any inconvenience Time ago 12 Days via HootSuite
- Apologies - the t.co/wGfFoete9J website is currently down due to hosting issues. Time ago 12 Days via HootSuite
- Great article for all of us bloggers t.co/Qi5x7QZOHY Time ago 14 Days via HootSuite
- 2 weekly followers. 1 unfollower. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 15 Days via JustUnfollow
- 3 new unfollowers and 4 new followers (hello! hello!) in the last week. Via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 22 Days via JustUnfollow
- #FF Thanks for following @andre_conway @PerfumersWorld @remybhatia @ForrestGust @JeffDame @AllureHomeFrag Time ago 27 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks for following @AromaMoma @TeoCabanel @EmelineMuraire @thevanitybcn @MattMBateman @SyntheticMusk @TraciAnnJ2013 Time ago 27 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.