* The first shot is a burst of cold with juniper berry, pepper, and citrus. It’s a bit strong and bracing, with strong projection for the first 30 minutes.
* South African sprint runner Oscar Pistorius is the face of the fragrance. Known as “the fastest man on no legs,” he is a double amputee who runs with artificial limbs. I wonder if the inspiration was to be a sports fragrance with a unique twist.
* A fresh mint joins in with the pepper – I guess that would be called peppermint <grin>.
* Pure Shot bares little resemblance to A*Men, with none of the coffee, chocolate, caramel or musk that the original is named for.
* After about 2 hours, it calms down to a nice woody patchouli that lasts for a good 6 hours.
Summary: Pure Shot came as a total surprise for me. When I reach for an A*Men or and A*men flanker, I am expecting deep intense juices that projects. Pure Shot could easily be described as the A*Men sports fragrance as it is refreshing, light, and heats up well with physical activity. I would compare it to Serge Lutens L’eau, a clean laundry fragrance in a line of heavy oriental scents. Pure Shot seems like it was made for guys who don’t wear A*men or don’t like heavy scents. With that said, I do like it and it would work as a great summer scent.
- Blush and Beakers on Canvas and Concrete Fragrance Primer Review
- Jacoglu Oud Prestige Fragrance Review | Notable Scents on Smell Bent Accident Fragrance Review
- Ron Slomowicz on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Jordan River on Marc Jacobs Bang Fragrance Review (MAINSTREAM MONDAY)
- Ron Slomowicz on Mona di Orio Violette Fumee Fragrance Review
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Check out my review of @Nomaterra Brooklyn Violet Leaf t.co/6YLPE3e65e My first experience with the line and I am quite impressed. Time ago 4 Days via HootSuite
- 9 weekly followers. 0 unfollowers. Justunfollow doesn't miss a trick - unfollowers beware -via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 4 Days via JustUnfollow
- Dark, dirty, skanky, sexual leather. Check out my review of @ByKilian Black Oud t.co/VOXy8WEtoI Time ago 6 Days via HootSuite
- Check out my review of @Dior Home Eau For Men t.co/72zXqvYYW3 Time ago 11 Days via HootSuite
- Number crunching for the past week - 12 new followers and 2 unfollowers. Stats via t.co/FjCo7Ae17i Time ago 12 Days via JustUnfollow
- Very nice debut from @Jacoglu - Oud Prestige - a well blended scent with oud playing a nice supporting role t.co/Cv5nbXJiN5 Time ago 16 Days via HootSuite
- My favorites from the @ElementsShow a few weeks ago t.co/lVPdGWcOKy Time ago 17 Days via HootSuite
- 4 tweeps followed (thank you!) and 1 unfollowed (goodbye!) me in the past week. Thank you t.co/FjCo7zVRTa. Time ago 19 Days via JustUnfollow
- Fragrant highlights of the @NyNowMarket show t.co/04P2e5QKtB Time ago 19 Days via HootSuite
- #FF Thanks for RT @ElementsShow @DudeProducts @Kause187 Time ago 23 Days via HootSuite
Follow @NotableScents on twitter.