* Black Musk starts with a mix of balsams and tonka with strong projection.
* Illuminum makes two lines: Vaporizor scents act as an intro to the world of niche fragrance aimed at the mainstream market, while the Haute Perfume line are at a concentration of 30% and are intense, powerful, and luxurious.
* The balsams are joined by a clean patchouli and an almost chocolate-y leather.
* The Illuminum Lounge in London on Dover Street offers a multi-sensory experience in fragrance where you can not only smell but taste, see, and feel it as well. It offers monthly classes in perfume appreciation/making as well.
* When I wear Black Musk, it lasts more than two days on my skin, with the musk base notes lasting through two showers.
Summary: Think of Black Musk as a pleasant hangover. Spray it on in the evening before you go out. When you wake up, you (and those close to you) will still smell a chocolate-y, leathery musk. A morning shower will clean your body, but the scent will persist throughout the next day, reminding you of the fun of the previous evening. With this being my first experience with the Illuminum line, I anxiously await testing more of their Haute Perfume line.
Illuminum Haute Perfumes are available from http://www.illuminumperfumelounge.com/ . They will be available at Henri Bendel in June 2012.
Disclaimer: Sample provided by Illuminum. My opinions are my own and I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. Image from www.illuminumperfumelounge.com